The Bookshelf, The Parlor, The Young Texas Reader, and the Monthly

The Texas Bookshelf is different from the The Texas Parlor, http://texasparlor.blogspot.com/ . The Texas Parlor carries "general" bookish information and non-book information and even different Texana news and notes of use to the bibliographically challenged and other nosey folks intersted in historical, literary, and cultural observations. Will's Texana Monthly may carry material from either blog, but extends itself beyond those, especially for longer compilations or treatments. The Monthly, the Bookshelf and the Parlor are all companions. So, is the Young Texas Reader http://youngtexasreader.blogspot.com/ which specialized on books and such things for the youngest to the teenagers.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Mary Connealy - Interview

From the "Christian Writer's World" we learn that
Mary is [t]here to promote her second book in the Lasooed in Texas series.
The interview begins
"Welcome, Mary. Why do you write the kind of books you do?
I wrote for a long time before I got published, Lena. I wrote in many genres and had a lot of fun doing it. Petticoat Ranch is just the one that finally hit. So I'm thrilled to keep writing in that genre. I really love the voice of westerns. I love having my hero kick the dust and adjust his Stetson and say, "I reckon." 
But Barbour, bless them, wants the historical romantic comedy series, but they've also let me write for their cozy mystery line and Heartsong Presents, which I'm doing a contemporary three book series for. So I'm getting to write in those different styles and I love it."

1 comment:

Mary Connealy said...

Hi there. Thanks for taking time to focus on Calico Canyon. :)